The recently concluded Financial Literacy for the Youth Summer Youth Camp 2015 was a success!
Twenty six kids came and participated. This is one summer they will not forget.
This Summer Camp aims to teach our high school youth about improving their financial knowledge and skills prior to the coming college school year. It was open to all kids age 13 to 17.
The modules and topics for this camp were:
1. The Power of Mindset
2. Making Decisions
3. Making Money
4. The Art of Budgeting
5. Banking Services, Saving & Investing
8. Spiritual Side of Money
Sharing their experiences in personal finance were our awesome guest speakers:
- best-selling author, Ms. Sha Nacino
- and sought-after speaker on personal finance, Mr. Randell Tiongson
- author, freelance writer and licensed financial advisor, Ms. Lianne Martha Laroya
- Angat Pilipinas Coalition for Financial Literacy, Inc. Co-Founder and Chairman, Mr. Burn Gutierrez
- entrepreneur, blogger, informational speaker, Mr. Fitz Gerard Villafuerte
- keynote speaker and best-selling author, Mr. Jayson Lo
The camp was a two-day camp which happened last May 14-15 at the Lakambini Hall, Villamor Airbase Pasay City.
On May 15th, the kids got the chance to take a day trip to the Philippine Stock Exchange Makati.
Heartfelt thanks to Nissan who provided the coaster bus for our students and volunteers on the trip to PSE Ortigas.
The kids were able to bond inside the bus while traveling to PSE:
During the one and half hour ride, they developed patience and positivity as they spread good vibes to other commuters / drivers waving to people outside the coaster and posting a note telling them to take care and smile.
It was a pleasure educating the children about financial literacy!
Stay tuned for future FLY event announcements. Visit the Angat Pilipinas page on Facebook.